Blackalloy™ '525'™ Spitfire Cast Alloy Cutting Tools
Precision Ground Standard Shapes
Blackalloy™ cutting tools are world renowned for their ability to maintain a red heat edge and resist high impact operations significantly better than carbide tooling. It may be the combination you need to handle the application that has eluded a solution for so long. They are not for every application, but when high speed tooling dulls quickly and carbide tooling does not hold up to the impact loads, Blackalloy™ "525"™ cast alloy may be the solution. In this day and age where production is so important, you cannot have tooling that requires frequent renewal and/or has unpredictable failures. It is unsurpassed in single point tooling.
- General purpose machining of stainless steel, cast iron, steel, titanium, and most other metals.
- Can be operated at approximately twice the speed of high-speed steel.
- Stable performance when generating a hot chip. It performs where tool steels tend to temper and soften, making it ideal for continuous machining tough stainless, work-hardening and exotic alloys where high temperature red-heat applications are involved.
- Exhibits greater transverse rupture strength than most carbides, can be used where carbides tend to chip and crack such as interrupted cut applications, castings, rectangular or hexagonal shaped bars and high torque cut-off applications where impact strength is required.
- Easily sharpened with standard aluminum oxide wheels while still offering the economics of increased surface speed over the high-speed steel family.