Stroke Self Feeding
The Model 350 drill unit is a self feeding drill which can be actuated with air or oil. It is capable of producing thrusts of up to 415 lbs with 100 psi air pressure and 624 lbs with 150 psi oil pressure. The unit is usually used for drilling, reaming, boring and light milling applications, but can also be used whenever simultaneous rotary and linear motions are required. It can be mounted in any position, horizontal, vertical, etc. As illustrated it is supplied without a motor, but can be easily powered by an electric or air motor up to 1 1/2 hp. A simple pneumatic or hydraulic control system is required to achieve forward and reverse stroke control. This can be purchased separately from Blackalloy.
The stroke length of all Model 350 drill units can be controlled by a stop screw dial and nut which is fully adjustable from zero to the entire stroke range as ordered. (1 1/2", 3", 6" or special stroke lengths) Depth control is achieved to within about .001 to .002 inch.
Series 350 Drill Units With Standard Spindles &
#350-1.5 #33JT with Key Chuck
- Spindle Projections; #33JT, 5/8-16, 3/4-16 Thread, 10mm (.3937")
- Drilling Capacities; 5/8" Steel, 1" Aluminum, Wood,
- 6,000 RPM; Max. Recommended HP 2
Series 352 Drill Units With Feed Control Cylinder
Includes Compact Sealed Oil Cylinder Feed
Units With Feed Controls Provide Accurate Feed Rates
For Precision Applications.
degree of accuracy is not always possible with pneumatic
reciprocation alone where the
compressibility of air allows for variations in feed
rates with changes in thrust load, particularly when
breaking through a hole.
- Compact Sealed Oil Cylinder -- Low Cost
- Simple Cylinder Plunger Depression to Actuate Feed Control
- Drill Stroke Cycle -- 1/2", 1", 2", 3", 4" & 6"
- Adjustable Positioning Produces Rapid Advance Which Saves Cycle Time
- Suitable for Applications Requiring Forward Feed Control
- Right, Left or Top Mounted Feed Controls Available for Maximum Application Flexibility
- Minimum Feed Rate 0.2 In./Min.
- Maximum Feed Rate 240 In./Min.
Blackalloy Company of America • 4773 Northgate Blvd. • Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
Tel: (843) 347-3390 • Fax: (843)293-0851